Sex Crime Attorneys in Meredith, NH
Experienced Legal Help Free of Judgement
When you enter the criminal justice system, the presumption is that you are innocent of an accused crime until the state’s attorney can prove you are guilty. Being charged with a sex crime, however, can carry a social stigma that may cause people to judge you before you’ve even had your day in court.
Regardless of the nature or severity of your sex crime charges in Meredith, the attorneys at Friedman & Bresaw believe in the presumption of your innocence while building your defense. We have experience handling sensitive sex crimes charges in Belknap County, Carroll County, and all New Hampshire Courts while treating our clients with the care and compassion that they need most. More than any time in your life, you need someone who’s entirely on your side. Friedman & Bresaw can be there for you.
Charges We Can Help You Fight
Sex crimes in Meredith, Belknap County, Carroll County, and the rest of New Hampshire, are treated extremely seriously by the law. A single conviction for a serious sex-related crime can land someone in prison for up to 30 years and even lighter sentences may require sex offender registration for 10 years or life. Don’t fight your sex crime charges without competent legal help working in your best interest.
Sex-related criminal charges we handle include the following and more:
- Aggravated felonious sexual assault
- Felonious sexual assault
- Sexual assault
- Child pornography (possession, production, distribution)
- Indecent exposure
Sex Offender Registration
In addition to fines and incarceration, punishment for sex crimes goes a step further than most other crimes by requiring convicted persons to register with the sex offender registry. When a sex offender is entered into the system, information about them including their name, any aliases, physical description, date of birth, current address, criminal history, and other information is stored in a publicly accessible database.
The sex offender registry in New Hampshire is divided into three tiers:
- Tier One: Beginning after the conclusion of incarceration, sex offenders must register twice a year for 10 years. Offenders in this tier are those convicted of most misdemeanor sexual assault and indecent exposure crimes.
- Tier Two: Lasting a lifetime, level requires semi-annual registration. It’s reserved for offenders convicted of crimes related to felonious sexual assault, most child pornography offenses, and intentional contribution to the delinquency of a minor.
- Tier Three: Offenders in this tier must register on a quarterly basis for the rest of their lives. This tier is reserved for those whose sex crimes involved murder, aggravated felonious sexual assault, two or more convictions for sex offenses involving children, or is required by another state to register as such.
A sex crime conviction can irrevocably impact your life. Give yourself a fighting chance against your charges by calling us at (603) 272-6827.